An effective underlying investment strategy
Mayfair Platinum is part of Mayfair 101, an internationally focused investment and corporate advisory group. The Mayfair 101 group specialises in identifying assets that can add value to the Group’s ‘ecosystem’ and provide diversification for the benefit of investors and shareholders.
The investment principles below form the core of Mayfair 101’s investment strategy.
Diversification & Risk Management
Central to Mayfair 101’s investment strategy is a focus on diversification of assets as its key risk management strategy. This includes diversification across:
- Geography – Mayfair 101 has assets in over 10 countries including a combination of developed and emerging markets.
- Currency – Mayfair 101’s portfolio has direct exposure to 5 main currencies, including AUD, USD, GBP and EUR.
- Sector – Mayfair 101’s assets span a diverse range of sectors, including financial services, business credit, property development, fintech, mining, hospitality and cloud technology.
- Asset class – Assets held the Group include real estate (local and international), debt, equity (listed and unlisted) and hybrid instruments
- Business maturity – Mayfair 101 has direct interests in both early stage, pre-revenue businesses, and those that are profitable, established and already operating in multiple countries
Influence & Support
Mayfair 101 holds controlling interests and board positions in a large portion of its investments as a strategy for protecting investor capital. This provides oversight as to the performance of the assets and the ability to influence decision-making where required to align stakeholder interests.
The Group also provides a range of professional services including management consulting, corporate advisory, financial management, marketing, sales process development, public relations, recruitment, personnel management, systems implementation and advisory services to de-risk its investments and exert a degree of control to influence the outcome of its investments. This approach provides greater certainty and means consistent high standards are implements across its assets as a means of protecting investor capital.
Mayfair 101 selectively invests in assets that add value to its ‘ecosystem’ as a means of harnessing and leveraging the power of the Group’s extensive network. This provides the opportunity for value creation beyond the returns generated from standalone investments, and helps the investment team decide which opportunities to pursue in favour of those that will add value to the Group.
Mayfair 101 considers that investment risk is significantly influenced by the level of knowledge an investor has of what they are investing in. The Mayfair 101 investment team carefully selects assets that it understands and can relate back to the Group’s activities. A high level of specialist knowledge can provide a competitive advantage where specific niches or markets are identified that other investors may shy away from, providing the opportunity for optimal returns.